The most common questions we get from our clients
BEFORE YOUR SPRAY TAN
- Exfoliate the skin 2-4 times before the session.
- Shave, wax, and exfoliate the skin at least 24 hours prior to the appointment. It’s important to allow the amino acids to reconstruct as DHA needs amino acids to develop. Also, the pores need time to close before applying the solution. Otherwise, the bronzer can get soaked into the pores.
- Do not use lotions, oil-based exfoliating products, gels, or waxing/shaving creams on the day of the appointment. These can leave a film and change the pH of the skin.
- Do not wear any existing self-tanner or residue from a former spray tan on the skin.
- If you really need to take a shower before the appointment, take it 3 hours prior to the session and rinse only with warm water. The steam can open the pores.
- If the skin is sweaty, make sure to dry it prior to the application.
- Do not wear makeup, cream, sunscreen, perfume, or deodorant.
- Manicures, pedicures, facials, and massages should be done days before the appointment.
- Moisturize the skin days prior to the session (remember: not the day of the appointment).
- The application can be done with or without undergarments or a bathing suit.
- Wearing loose and dark clothes is recommended after the session. The accelerators present in the solution could temporarily soil your clothing or bed sheets.
- Exfoliation is the MOST important tip to follow in order to achieve an optimal result that will lasts up to 10 days. Pay attention to rough areas like the top of the feet, heels, ankles, elbows, armpits, knuckles, collarbones, etc. If the exfoliation hasn’t been done properly, the result and/or the fading could be uneven, and the result could disappear prematurely and/or in the form of blots.
- The solutions have been designed to fade gradually and evenly, when the skin is properly exfoliated.
AFTER YOUR SPRAY TAN
- Wait for 8 to 12 hours or 1 to 5 hours before showering, depending on the solution. This is the period of time required for the development of the spray tanning solutions.
- Avoid activities that provoke sweating or any contact with liquid during the development period. If it's raining or snowing outside, wear long and covering clothes.
- Do not apply cream, makeup, or perfume on the skin during the development period.
- If the session takes place in the evening, you should go to bed wearing long clothes and make sure the product is dry before going to bed.
- Rinse the whole body and face thoroughly to prevent the cosmetic bronzer from leaking afterward. Rinse until the water is clear. For the first shower, we recommend not using soap.
- Avoid body washes, lotions, sunscreens with alcohol, parabens, mineral or petroleum oil, sulfates, or perfume. DO NOT USE DOVE BEFORE OR AFTER A TAN.
- Moisturize the skin daily with an appropriate lotion.
- Do not exfoliate the skin for the duration of the result. When the tan will start fading, it’s essential to exfoliate the skin again in order to remove the old tan residue.
- Use soft facial cleansers. Avoid oily or exfoliating ones as well as brushes. Beware of strong anti-acne products that dehydrate the skin! You can purchase tan water or drops for the face if you do use harsher face products.
- Do not wax areas where the solution has been applied. A delicate shaving may be done occasionally.
- Do not apply perfume directly on the areas that have been sprayed. The alcohol present in perfumes can affect the spray tan.
- Sweating excessively while sleeping or spending time in jacuzzis or saunas, taking long baths or showers on a daily basis, participating in activities that may cause excessive sweating can cause may cause the product to fade away faster.
- FIRST HOUR - Drink Only Water And Don’t Eat Anything For The Next Hour.
- FIRST 24 HOURS - Do not consume food or drinks that are likely to cause stains for the first 24 hours. example: red wine, coffee, tea, blueberries, tomato sauce, beets, cola etc.
- WHITE SPOTS ON TEETH: In some cases, you may see white spots on certain areas of one or more teeth. These are typically caused by calcium deposits or very porous teeth. These will normally disappear within 24 hours.
- WHITE SPOTS ON GUMS: Should you have any scrapes or cuts on your gums you may see some white spots and/or feel some sensitivity during your whitening session. These will normally disappear withing 24 hours.
- GUM OR TEETH SENSITIVITY: A small percentage of people will have minor tooth and or gum sensitivity. This normally dissipates within 30 minutes. If sensitivity persists, use a toothpaste developed for sensitivity.